Sunday, November 22, 2009

11/15/09 - 11/22/09

This Week In DD

This will be the inaugural post in what will be a weekly update in what has been going on with an HOH during the past week.

This week was a fairly disastrous HOH week.  Jenna is on a very time consuming rotation for the next 6 weeks at the hospital as this is the area she is hoping to impress to stay on as a resident after she completes medical school.  What that means is she is up by 5 am gone before 6 am and home around 6-7pm.  Unless she is on call in which case after 10pm or she stays at the hospital all night.  My office hours are relatively flexible and often I don't have to get up until almost 9am.  Additionally, as a side venture I am currently taking a class that runs from 6-10pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays and 8-5 on Saturdays.  Essentially that means 2 days a week she leaves before I get up and comes home after I have left and goes to bed before I get back.

With that as a backdrop I will continue to explain a bit.  For DD that is almost the worst case scenario I can think of.  Yes day shift spouse versus night shift spouse would probably be worse, but even if 2 different cities are going at least both people know why DD is suffering and it can pick back up when both people are together.  This week has just been bad for DD.  The house has become a mess and typically I try to do quite a bit of that work since I actually have the time.  Jenna is more responsible for ensuring that she doesn't create disastrous messes and is extremely respectful and communicates with me what is going on and what her needs are going to be this week with her schedule.

Part of the reason I haven't been the HOH I prefer to be this week is that I haven't done all that I need to do.  Much of the house mess this week is my fault and anytime I fail to complete what I need to I find it extremely difficult to hold my wife rigidly accountable.  It then feeds itself until I break free of both cycles at the same time.  I also have been in deep contemplation this week about some potential job changes for the future, and anytime that I am in that mode I question if I am being overly sensitive.  Therefore I flinch when it comes to spanking.

Have Jenna and I had a bad week?  No, not from my end at all.  She has been wonderful and things have been very good.  But I know that 2 times I flinched when I should have spanked.  They were not one of our major type of problems, but nonetheless I should have spanked.  So its time to pick myself up dust myself off and prepare for a new week.  I know better what to expect from this new block now, and can ask better questions and also make better expectations for both of us for this coming week.

So, until next time!

Paul

3 comments:

  1. Where's that little thumping heart icon when a girl needs it?

    Thanks for reminding me that's it not all about me, and that you can have "off" weeks too.

    I like the weekly format - in fact, you inspired me to finally make my first post to my blog that has been sitting empty for so long! :)

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have those type of weeks. What is awesome is you realize it and are ready to do something about it.
    Unfortunately life does get in the way of DD much too often, but when there is time to reconnect it is worth it.
    Hope your lives find that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you have a goal to persevere thru seemingly impossible circumstances. I think letting her know exactly when you flinched will serve you both in the future. Best of luck with all that is before you. KayLynn

    ReplyDelete